Reconnect, Reenergize, and Realign
2020 has been tumultuous to say the least. As you look forward to 2021, what matters most?
Important questions your team should be asking and answering right now:
- How should we prioritize our energy?
- What, if any, changes should we make?
- What risks do we need to manage?
- What opportunities should we pursue?
- And perhaps, most importantly, how do we keep our relationships strong?
Jumpstart 2021 is an open, yet structured one-day session (most likely virtual) for senior teams of 5-15 people to plan the year ahead. It provides a pause amidst the dynamic and transactional nature of your current day-to-day life to consider the above questions together.
- Reconnect and reenergize your team
- Align on priorities for the coming year
- Explore team’s momentum – What’s helping you? What’s holding you back?
- Interview team members and produce insight report
- Review/discuss current state and desired future
- Do team assessment (for example, Myers Briggs)
- Design day around highest-value conversations
- 4-6 hours online with mix of large group and breakout sessions
- Outputs of key planning discussions and next steps
- Follow up meeting with relevant team members on next steps
Ideal Group Characteristics
- Intact team of senior leaders and managers
- 5-15 participants (larger groups can work with a narrower agenda)
“This exercise was the dynamite needed to open the dam. The response from people has been truly amazing. I am super energized to move forward with this team. We are starting a new team today.”
— Head of Investment Operations, University Endowment
“Doug is the real deal. Our organization has worked with many business/team consultants and Doug is a standout. He brings something truly unique: deep intelligence and insight coupled with straight talk and passion for getting the most out of the market and each other. I always leave meetings and conversations with Doug with new understandings and increased drive to take risk and make the important stuff happen.”
— Senior Vice President, International Consulting Firm